I get this question a lot from parents. Kids will write at school, but when they get home, they don’t want to practice writing. Writing at home can be fun with this great idea: Sticker Stories!
Sticker stories are sure to get your kids engaged and excited about writing. Here’s how to do it:
- Provide your child with a variety of stickers.
- Have your child pick 5-8 stickers.
- Talk with your child about what could happen in a story using the stickers as the theme.
- Have your child write their story replacing 5-8 of the words with the stickers.
- Praise your child’s writing specifically. “I like how you used the tiger sticker and made the tiger your main character.”
Happy creative writing!