“Let’s get ready for school,” says mom. “I don’t want to go,” says the child. Have you had this conversation before school in the morning? If so, get your child ready and excited for the day with some specific questions. Don’t ask them all in one day or you will overwhelm your child. Choose one or two to ask each morning and rotate them. Have fun getting your child motivated for the day!
- What do you want to learn in reading today?
- What do you hope will happen in the next chapter in the read aloud book?
- What are you hoping to learn in math today?
- Who will you work with in math today?
- What science experiment are you doing today?
- What will you read about in social studies today?
- Who do you hope you will play with at recess?
- Who will you talk to at lunch?