Before you read a book to your child or before your child reads a book to you, there are some important questions you should ask. This will help your child focus on the book and get more out of it. These questions will get your child’s mind set on the book and help him or her to preview and predict prior to reading.
- What do you think this book is going to be about?
- Who do you think this book will be about?
- Where do you think this story takes place? Is it like any place you have visited?
- What do you think you might learn from reading this book?
- Why did you select this book?