Memos from your child (unknown source)
1. Don’t spoil me. I know quite well that I ought not to have all that I ask for. I’m only testing you.
2. Don’t be afraid to be firm with me. I prefer it. It makes me feel more secure.
3. Don’t let me form bad habits. I have to rely on you to detect them in the early stages.
4. Don’t make me feel smaller than I am. It only makes me behave stupidly “big.”
5. Don’t correct me in front of people if you can help it. I’ll take much more notice if you talk quietly with me in private.