- Don’t put me off when I ask questions. If you do, you will find that I will stop asking and seek my information elsewhere.
- Don’t ever suggest that you are perfect or infallible. It gives me too great a shock when I discover you are neither.
- Don’t ever think it is beneath your dignity to apologize to me. An honest apology makes me feel surprisingly warm toward you.
- Don’t forget how quickly I am growing up. It must be very difficult to keep pace with me, but please do try.
- Don’t forget I love experimenting. I couldn’t get on without it, so please put up with it.
- Don’t forget that I can’t thrive without lots of understanding love, but I don’t need to tell you, do I?